COVID-19 (coronavirus) has impacted each of us in our community. At Firgrove Veterinary Clinic, the health, safety, and wellbeing of our clients, our patients, our team, and our community is our number one priority. We remain committed to offering a safe and healthy environment for you and your pets as well as our team.
THIS REQUIRES WORK ON THE PART OF OUR TEAM AS WELL AS OUR CLIENTS.
Ø THE CLINIC CLOSES AT 7PM MONDAY – FRIDAY EFFECTIVE MARCH 26, 2020 FOR THE FORESEEABLE FUTURE. We will be using the 7pm – 8pm hour to disinfect all areas of the clinic. Our doors will be closed, but our phones will be answered during this final hour. No medication pickup or technician type services will be available. We continue strict disinfection protocols for all areas of the hospital throughout the day.
Ø WE ARE REQUESTING AT THIS TIME THAT ALL CLIENTS CALL US FROM THE VEHICLE WHEN THEY HAVE ARRIVED FOR THEIR APPOINTMENT.
· Please call (253) 848-1563 and let the reception team member know that you have arrived and what parking space number you’re in. Space markers have been placed in front of parking spaces. Please do not park in a space that does not have a number.
· Please provide your cell phone number to the receptionist so they may call you if necessary.
· A technician or assistant will come out to the vehicle, collect the necessary information and bring your pet inside to see the doctor for an exam and/or treatment. Client’s will wait in their vehicles during this time.
· The doctor will either report to your vehicle with findings or call you from inside the clinic. We will provide estimates to you in this manner as well.
· When treatment is complete, you will be called and payment will be taken over the phone. If you have care credit, we will activate Care Credit’s “pay now” option online for you so that you may complete payment there. Cash is not preferred at this time, but if that’s your payment method, please let our team know at the beginning of the appointment so that they can complete payment vehicle side.
· THIS DOES NOT APPLY TO EUTHANASIAS.
· If you have concerns about this procedure, please call and speak to one of our team members about the options available to you.
Ø We are requesting that clients who have any respiratory illness have a friend or family member bring their pet in for them. FOR THE SAFETY OF ALL CLIENTS AND OUR STAFF, NO ONE DISPLAYING SIGNS OF ANY RESPIRATORY ILLNESS WILL BE PERMITTED TO ENTER THE BUILDING.
Ø We are not accepting any nail trim or anal gland expression appointments for the time being to reduce traffic and exposure in the building. If your pet has a problem, please call and schedule an exam so we can address it for you.
Ø We are postponing (new) appointments for adult/senior wellness and/or vaccine appointments for the time being to reduce traffic and exposure in the building. If your adult pet is due for a new vaccine series booster (e.g. your pet started the leptospirosis series 3 weeks ago and needs their 1yr booster in 1 week), we will accommodate those. Puppy and kitten vaccines need to stay on schedule & we will continue to see these.
Ø IF you enter our building for any reason, please use the sanitizing agents at the front desk upon arrival.
Ø To prevent the spread of disease, the following will now be in effect for all hospitalized pets and pets admitted for surgery:
· No personal items can be kept with the pet while hospitalized or boarding, including blankets, toys, collars, leashes, etc. Carriers may be left. If the person dropping the pet off is not the same as the person picking up, you may utilize one of our slip leads.
· Please clean your carrier, leash, and collar as carefully as possible before arrival with an alcohol-based solution.
Thank you for your understanding and please do not hesitate to ask any questions you may have. We’re here for you, your pets, and the community. We will continue to keep you informed as news and information becomes available.
Your Firgrove Veterinary Clinic Family